Please check out following Dog Walker Q&As to see, if we are the right fit for each other.
After that, if you are still interested or even better … super excited, fill out an application!
Q & A
What can we offer you?
1. We see employment with us more as an add on of another family member – we all cherish each other here and are always respectful and expect the same back.
2. We are flexible. You can take on how many dogs – in between 2 and 9 on each shift. BUT once you commit to a certain amount we expect you to walk the same amount every day Monday through Friday .. these furry babies count on you!
3. We are a, so called, very legit company. We do everything by the books, pay our taxes, pay our employee part of taxes, Workers Compensation and Insurance.
You will be a W2 employee.
What are the requirements to become a dog walker?
1. Availability Monday THROUGH Friday
2. We are not looking for seasonal or short term help, we are looking for someone wanting to join our team for a minimum of 6 months. The longer, the better!
3. A reliable car, with a valid insurance (in your name) and valid NJ drivers license
4. You must be 18 years or older.
5. A smart phone with internet access
6. Health insurance or Medicare
7. Clean criminal record – FYI parking tickets won’t show up in a criminal background check. Feel free to ask about anything in specific, if you are not sure.
What are some other important job requirements?
Ok, so following are our requirements that we can’t teach you or you can’t learn them – either you have them and you are the right person or you are not.
1. You must love dogs and be passionate about their well-being
2. We believe Integrity is the most important pilar within our company – any team member joining us needs to adhere to this philosophy
By the way Integrity is defined as: “the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.”
3. You have to be reliable, so no call outs, unless it is an utter emergency – the dogs and we count on you!
Which towns are we currently hiring dog walkers for?
Maplewood, South Orange and Millburn, New Jersey
What about pay?
Of course you will get paid. Every other week that is.
As a pet care specialist you are being paid between $16 – $23/hour depending on how long you’ve worked with us and when you work.
On a monthly basis, you are being paid out a per visit travel rate.
In addition, we are offering Referral Bonuses!
You are completely on the books, meaning you will be a W2-Employee.
Can I grow within the company?
We are a young, successful and growing company, which has a lot of Love to give!
We can’t grow without our wonderful employees.
If you are up to it, we would be very happy to train you into a Assistant Manager, Manager or whomever else we will need at that time.
We will have positions, which will need to be filled; promoting from within is a great way to go!
Can I apply as a dog walker and cat sitter simultanously?
You can apply for both positions at the same time with one job application.
The cat sitter requirements vary somewhat though, so please make sure to check out the Cat Sitter Q&As right here before applying as a cat sitter as well.
Ready to fill out an application?
Well, what are you waiting for? 😄
If you have read all the requirements and can fulfill them…
Click below 🐶